The main benefit of a mobile optimized site is providing a great overall website experience to your mobile users. With over 70 million North Americans and 58 million Europeans browsing websites from their phone every month, it has become a necessity to provide a quality mobile experience and provide quick access to information about your business. A mobile optimized site also helps convert mobile traffic to customers by using special mobile website features like Click-to-Call and Mobile Maps with Directions. Some other statistics that may surprise you:
- 70% of consumers will not revisit a site they had trouble with – you get one shot to impress them.
- Starting in 2013 the number of people accessing the web through mobile devices will equal the number doing so via laptop or desktop computers
- By 2015 mobile access will exceed that of computers – that means more than half of your potential customers will be using their smart phone to find you.
- One half of all local searches for goods and services are done on mobile devices.
- 25% of people using smart phones use mobile friendly information to make decisions about dining, and one third make decisions about entertainment.
- Women aged 35-54 are the most active group in mobile socialization – and are often the decision makers about dining, entertainment and tourism visitations.
- On average, someone will spend 8-15 seconds scanning a web site to find what they are seeking. If the site is confusing, cumbersome or difficult to use they will move on.